High Hedges Complaint||
The Council is committed to the wellbeing of our community. We recognise the upset, inconvenience and adverse impact on amenity that can come from a high hedge. High hedge legislation has been introduced by the Government. Before contacting the Council regarding your complaint, try to resolve the situation with your neighbour first.
These pages will help answer any queries and explain the procedure for making a complaint.
High hedges leaflet produced by Ashfield District Council
Further guidance and information is available from Communities and Local Government
- Over the garden hedge - a leaflet on how to settle your differences without involving the Council.
- High hedges: complaining to the Council
- High hedges complaints: prevention and cure
- High hedges: appealing against the Council's decision
- Hedge height and light loss
If the hedge is owned by the Council still send your complaint to us. The Council will make sure it is dealt with by different people from those who look after the land where the hedge is.
You are advised to read all the above guidance before submitting your complaint.