Competent Persons Scheme||
The competent persons scheme was introduced to enable individual tradespeople to self-certify that their work complies with the Building Regulations. This is an alternative to submitting a Building Regulation application for the intended works.
A variety of schemes exist that cover many aspects of the Building Regulations, for example:
- Replacement windows and doors;
- Gas appliance, heating and hot water systems;
- Oil and Solid Fuel combustion appliances;
- Plumbing, hot water and heating service systems;
- Electrical, lighting and control systems;
- Air pressure testing of buildings;
- Co2 emission rate calculations;
- Sanitary accommodation and bathrooms.
For details of the various organisations set up to administer the competent persons schemes, please see the Communities and Local Government information page.